Exit Planning Strategies
If you are thinking about selling your business and wondering when might be the best time and how to get there, you’ve come to the right place. While a CVA represents valuation expertise and experience, the CFA’s core competencies involve investment and risk management planning. I will leverage years of strategic planning and consulting experience to help you achieve the best possible outcome given your goals and objectives.
A business exit strategy means having a plan for:
- The succession or transfer of ownership of your business when you retire
- The unexpected – including financial hardship, disability or even death.
Exit planning is done to ensure that business value is maximized at time of exit, the personal and business goals of the exiting party are met, and that tax burdens are minimized. With my experience and education, I am able to provide a full range of services from identification of goals and objectives to the implementation of a plan, or I can simply provide one element of the overall process.
- Identify owner’s goals and objectives including alternatives
- Determine business valuation and pricing based on various alternatives including real property strategies
- Develop an action plan
- Coordinate accounting, tax, legal and other advisors
- Execute exit plan
Poor exit planning can be a major contributing cause to failed business divestitures. So call me to discuss you particular situation.