Do you need a Certified Valuation Analyst to determine your business or real estate property value in Atlanta, GA or Macon, GA or any surrounding cities in Georgia? Call the experts at Burns Valuation Consulting to request more information about our small, medium and large business valuation services in Atlanta, GA.
When you hire my firm, you get valuation expertise. As holder of the Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation; and member of National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA), I understand the economic drivers of value. I have over 20 years of experience business planning and valuation. I will work with you (and your attorney or client) and my team of alliance partners to be sure that the definition of value used conforms to the financial and legal requirements surrounding specific circumstances.
The approaches we use to value business enterprises are:
- Income Based – Capitalization, Discounted Cash Flow
- This is the one I use most often. First, I determine the normalized income of the company – costs such as salaries, one-time events, and discretionary expenses are adjusted. This normalized income is capitalized to determine the value of the business. The capitalization rate is based on inherent risks (Market, Industry, Business-Specific) in achieving these cash flows going forward
- Market Based – Comparable Transaction, Market Multiples.
- Under this method, I look at comparable businesses in the same market that have sold. Multiples are determined to apply to the subject company. Data availability and suitability can be a problem but a good analyst can overcome. Sometimes this is given less weight in a valuation for this reason.
- Asset Based – Market vs. Book Value
- Fundamentally, this is the total of business assets minus liabilities. Tangible assets are valued based on their replacement cost or market values. Intangible assets such as intellectual property are considered via their cash flow. Intangible assets such as goodwill can be factored in separately. This is done through an excess earnings method which calculates earnings that exceed normal rate of return of assets for the industry.
Please give me a call to discuss your specific project in more detail at 770-380-2406